Hey Beautiful! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
We all want to have smooth, flawless skin. But unfortunately that wish isn’t always granted. As a result of different factors, such as environment or hormones, everyone has different needs when it comes to their skin. And as such, we all require different makeup, especially foundation that serves as the skin’s base. That’s why we’ve gathered ten picks for the best foundation for textured skin and uneven skin issues in this post.
Editor’s Pick: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
Honestly, it’s probably obvious why we picked this foundation as one of the best makeup items for uneven skin texture.
Estee Lauder is well-known for making high-quality makeup, and their highly affordable foundation is no exception. This great foundation for rough texture offers tons of great benefits for your skin.
You might think all the good things in this make this foundation choice an uncomfortable one to wear. However, the Estee Lauder Double Wear is still a super lightweight foundation, making it the perfect makeup for textured skin.
- Fragrance- and oil-free, making this foundation perfect for almost any skin type.
- Semi-matte finish lets you get that perfect, dewey glow.
- Rated to last up to 15 hours of wear, making Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place foundation great for those constantly on the go.
- The consistency feels nice and the foundation goes on great over uneven skin.
- This textured skin friendly foundation really does stay on all day, until you take it off.
- Since it’s oil-free, it can be a little drying sometimes.
Best Drugstore Foundation for Textured Skin: e.l.f., Flawless Finish Foundation
If you are looking for the best makeup for uneven skin that won’t break the bank, e.l.f. has always been a great choice.
This drugstore foundation for textured skin from e.l.f doesn’t disappoint us, either – it’s super lightweight, blends awesomely, and provides all-day coverage without caking onto uneven skin.
- Includes SPF 15 sun-protection, making this drugstore foundation for textured skin perfect for individuals who experience problems with sun-damaged skin.
- Specifically designed to cover and help restore uneven skin textures and tones.
- Offers full coverage without additional build-up.
- This affordable foundation option won’t leave your skin feeling oily and irritated at all, which is more than can be said about other drugstore foundations for uneven skin texture.
- This foundation is easily one of the best quality foundations ever, and it’s ridiculously affordable. Definitely the best drugstore foundation for oily, acne-prone skin that provides full coverage!
- The foundation has a kind of funny scent to it, which some people don’t like.
The Best Foundation for Dry Textured Skin: BECCA Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation
We love this foundation for dry texture for so many reasons – but mostly because the BECCA Ultimate Coverage foundation offers a great blend of pigment and water, leaving your skin feeling hydrated and ready to go.
Since the formula is relatively lightweight, the BECCA Ultimate Coverage foundation allows your skin to breathe and won’t dry it out and cause further damage.
- Long-lasting foundation, rated to wear up to 24 hours at a time without rubbing off or smearing.
- Offers full coverage without caking or feeling heavy on your face, making this choice perfect for individuals who struggle with dry or easily irritated skin.
- Does not include any parabens, sulfates, phthalates, alcohol or fragrance – meaning this foundation pick for dry textured skin won’t irritate your skin or dry it out in any way, no matter how long you wear it.
- This makeup does a great job of covering uneven spots on the skin – both texture and tone, no matter what the issue is.
- This foundation offers full coverage that lasts all day – even when you use makeup remover to take off any remaining makeup, you’ll feel like it’s still on when you wake up in the morning. You’ll basically never have to worry about touchups!
- Unfortunately, thanks to the 21% pigment, 22% water design, this foundation pick for textured skin itself dries out relatively quickly as the water begins to evaporate. Basically that means that it’s not ideal for people who don’t wear makeup on a regular basis!
The Best Foundation for Rough Textured Skin: Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation
Finding a foundation for rough textured skin can be frustrating, but this is easily one of the best choices you can make.
The Dermablend foundation offers full coverage and is incredibly hydrating, meaning you’ll never have to worry about it caking on your skin.
This foundation for rough and textured skin is also dermatologist-tested, making it perfect for people with a variety of skin conditions.
- Includes a high-quality mineral sunscreen built-in at SPF 30, meaning you’ll never have to worry about potential sun damage when wearing this foundation.
- This foundation will not cause acne, won’t clog pores and won’t cause your skin to become excessively oily. It’s perfect for individuals with a variety of different skin types.
- Thanks to this foundation’s unique make-up, the Dermablend Cover Creme helps hydrate the skin and keep it dewy and healthy no matter how long you wear this foundation.
- Dermablend Cover Creme offers all-day wear and protection against the sun without drying your skin out like most other foundations do. Plus, this foundation for rough texture doesn’t cake into rough, dry patches or crevices!
- When it comes to a full-coverage foundation, you don’t want to go with anything else. This foundation alone offers everything you could want at a reasonable price point.
- For individuals with excessively oily skin, you might find that this textured skin friendly foundation doesn’t stay on and easily comes off. Unfortunately, since it doesn’t absorb the oils well, this foundation pick just doesn’t hold up!
The Best Foundation for Uneven Skin Tone: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation
While we are focusing primarily on textured skin, makeup for uneven skin tone is important, too. More importantly, using the best foundation to even out skin tone can help fix the problem.
The Amazonian Clay full-coverage foundation from Tarte has a lot to offer and is perfect for people with various undertones and other uneven skin tone problems.
It helps create a uniform color and hide dark spots and redness easily – which can even lead to problems with textured skin!
- Includes SPF 15 sunscreen to help protect the skin against excessive sun damage, meaning you won’t have to worry about further drying or otherwise damaging your skin due to extensive light exposure.
- Designed with uneven skin tone in mind, meaning it offers consistency no matter how your skin tone varies. In fact, this line of foundation will tell you what undertones you need to have in your skin for it to look perfect on you.
- Made with vegan ingredients and oil-free, this foundation is super breathable and provides you will all-day coverage. It helps rehydrate the skin over time and ease problems with red spots, dryness and excessive texturing.
- The Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation is one of the best foundations for covering problems with skin such as scarring and texturing without causing further damage and irritation.
- If you keep wearing the foundation, it really does help even out your skin tone over time and correct redness and dark spots alike! And it doesn’t cause irritation for people who have acne-prone skin.
- Despite being an oil-free foundation, some people find that this foundation makeup itself is a little bit greasy thanks to the clay in the foundation formulation that helps with textured skin, meaning it’s not ideal for everyone.
The Best Foundation for Smooth Coverage: Bella Terra BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer
We all want skin that looks absolutely flawless. Makeup is one of the best ways to cover textured skin and keep it from becoming problematic over time.
This BB cream from Bella Terra is the best foundation for you if you’re looking for perfect, smooth and dewy-looking skin.
This foundation option for smooth coverage offers a “satin touch” finish, meaning your skin will look gorgeous and smooth all day long.
And, since it’s a tinted BB cream, it won’t feel cakey or heavy on your skin.
- This dual moisturizer and blemish balm covers a variety of skin problems, including uneven skin tone and textured skin. Plus, it provides consistent, all-day hydration to keep your skin looking flawless.
- Offers sun protection to ensure you don’t have to worry about damaging UV rays. Additionally, it can help reverse the long-term effects of excessive sun damage and even out skin tone and texture over time.
- Perfect for all skin types and allergy tested. Thanks to the natural ingredients included in this foundation, you’ll never have to worry about it accidentally causing breakouts or other forms of skin irritation.
- This BB cream really is perfect of you want something to make your skin look and feel naturally flawless. You’ll never notice you’re wearing it, but it covers everything you’d like to hide!
- For people with combination skin types, this is seriously a lifesaver. Since it’s not heavy like traditional makeup, it won’t cake to your skin or emphasize dry spots, but it also won’t cause breakouts or oily patches on your face!
- It can be kind of difficult, right at first, to figure out exactly how much you’ll need to use. It comes in a pretty tiny container, but the little pump design makes it easy to dispense way more of the foundation than you need on accident. Since it’s expensive, that can be a bit frustrating!
The Best Foundation for Bumpy Skin: Bella Terra Mineral Powder Foundation
Users prone to acne scars and other issues that cause bumpy skin will love this simple, powder foundation from Bella Terra.
It’s great for hiding a variety of skin conditions and almost perfectly masks acne, making it the best powder foundation for bumpy skin.
It’s super easy to build upon but doesn’t take much to cover uneven skin.
Basically, there are tons of ways to use it based on what you’re looking for!
- Dermatologist-tested and sensitive-skin approved, making it perfect for individuals who have problems using normal, drugstore makeup products. This powder foundation won’t cause acne or excessive breakouts but will help absorb oil on the skin.
- Offers SPF 15 sunscreen built-in, meaning you won’t have to worry about the damaging effects of the sun. Since it’s a powder, it’s lightweight and doesn’t come off easily, meaning you can wear it all day without stress or worry.
- Easily build upon this foundation to give you anywhere from sheer to full coverage, and anywhere in between. It’s one of the best foundations for those who want something that allows them to get that perfect look while still being flexible.
- It really feels like you aren’t wearing makeup with this powder foundation. Despite that fact, you’ll basically never need to touch it up. Honestly, it stays on all day without you even noticing, and you’ll probably forget you’re wearing it half the time.
- Honestly, if you’re worried about bumpy skin or wrinkles, this is a great foundation. It doesn’t cake onto the skin but settles naturally, allowing you to cover those types of blemishes easily. You’ll never have problems with your self-confidence again with this foundation!
- Figuring out your right shade can be a little bit hit or miss, especially since the foundation tends to look a little darker when you put it on. You’ll want to make sure your test it first and make sure you’re getting the right color.
The Best Foundation For Blemished Skin: EVXO Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation
If you, like many of us, suffer from frequent blemishes, acne and outbreaks, this is the best foundation for you.
This foundation for blemished skin helps cover a variety of skin issues and soothes breakouts at their source, which is why we love it. Featuring all-natural ingredients, you won’t catch your skin breaking out when you use this.
Plus, the base of this foundation from EVXO is aloe, meaning it will help soothe irritated skin that causes uneven textures.
- Since the foundation’s base is aloe, it won’t feel greasy or leave residue on the skin. However, it will help keep your skin hydrated and ease any irritation, meaning you won’t have to worry about outbreaks as a result of using the makeup.
- The completely buildable coverage means you can wear this makeup as a light layer to hide uneven and blemished skin or build upon it for a full-coverage, flawless look.
- Made of all-natural ingredients, you don’t have to worry about this foundation clogging your pores! It will go on nice and smooth, won’t accentuate larger pores and doesn’t cake into any crevices.
- The makeup itself feels awesome on your skin, it doesn’t cause excessive drying and doesn’t cake on – you’ll basically forget you’re wearing it by the end of the day.
- Thanks to the aloe base, it actually smells incredible. It’s the perfect makeup for covering up blemishes or evening out your skin tone – it’s pretty much capable of doing everything you need and then some.
- A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, and it’s really easy to waste the foundation accidentally. Make sure you’re careful to only use a little bit at first, because it’s buildable and less is more.
The Best Foundation for Smooth Looking Skin: bareMinerals Matte Foundation
This foundation offers so much while staying at a relatively affordable price point.
The bareMinerals Matte powder foundation features tons of natural ingredients, alongside vitamins and minerals to keep the skin looking its best underneath your makeup.
Plus, it is one of the best foundations for individuals with oily skin, as it helps absorb excess oils and leave your skin looking shiny and smooth.
- Made of powder, this foundation goes on naturally and eliminates any bumps, rough areas and dry patches on the skin. Additionally, it helps protect against the sun and other damaging and drying environmental factors, keeping your skin hydrated and healthy without becoming oily.
- Buildable, meaning you can take this foundation from sheer to full coverage as needed. Simply apply a little bit of the powder foundation to your face using the included directions for the perfect, smooth and flawless look.
- Super lightweight, making it the perfect choice for individuals who dislike the feeling of makeup on their face. If you’re looking for something to even out your skin texture without feeling overwhelming.
- It’s incredibly lightweight and perfect for those who suffer from uneven skin texture – it almost completely smooths out the uneven areas and leaves your skin looking absolutely flawless.
- Honestly, this goes on so naturally that it doesn’t really look like you’re wearing makeup, even up-close. It’s lightweight but easily covers and blends into uneven areas of the skin, meaning you never have to worry about someone noticing where your skin isn’t quite “right.”
- This powder foundation lasts much longer than many of the other ones on the market, but it’s easy to accidentally apply too much and make it feel cakey and uncomfortable.
The Best Foundation For Bad Skin Texture: MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
Let’s be real – when it comes to makeup, MAC is known for making some of the best items on the market. This foundation is no exception, either.
The MAC Studio Fix Fluid, a makeup lover favorite, offers all of the blemish-hiding features you could ever want! Since it’s super lightweight, you’ll barely notice you’re wearing it most days. The blendable effects make it easy to hide uneven skin texture and unevenly colored areas of the face, too.
- Includes SPF 15 sunscreen, meaning you won’t have to worry about potential skin damage from harmful UV rays. This feature makes it perfect for individuals who struggle with uneven skin texture as a result of excessive sun exposure.
- The foundation is oil-free, making it the perfect choice for acne-prone individuals or concerned about clogged pores. It won’t cake onto your face and won’t cause buildup, leading to fewer outbreaks and no greasy skin.
- As with many MAC makeup products, it is rated for up to 24 hours of casual wear, so you’ll never have to worry about it accidentally coming off as the day goes on. In fact, it really is the perfect all-day-wear foundation.
- One of the coolest things about this foundation is the fact it offers a perfect color scheme for individuals who have noticeable undertones. You can pick a foundation perfect for your skin tone, even if it is uneven.
- This foundation is easily one of the best buildable foundations on the market. Whether you suffer from cystic acne, dry skin or even just unevenly colored skin, this foundation offers the coverage you need to feel confident about the way you look.
- For some individuals, the foundation can be a bit drying, which can be frustrating if you’re looking for something comfortable to wear all day long. However, if you regularly moisturize, you shouldn’t have any problems.
Textured Skin Frequently Asked Questions
What causes textured skin?
There are tons of different reasons you might have textured skin. One of the most common is dried skin cells that stick to the face instead of naturally falling off. Alternatively, some individuals experience acne scarring, which can lead to skin texturization. And, of course, if you suffer from dry skin, you might find some texture problems in the drier areas.
Is powder or liquid foundation better for textured skin?
It’s hard to give a definite answer when it comes to which is better for textured skin. Realistically speaking, it will depend upon your skin type and how it reacts to foundations, alongside any other common skin issues you may have. Most individuals find that liquid foundation works best for them, but you’ll need to test a few foundations to see what sits best on your face.
How can I smooth my face texture?
You’ll need to understand what leads to your textured skin. Once you know what is causing your skin to feel textured, you can find a reasonable solution. Many individuals who suffer from textured skin have found that using an exfoliator on a regular basis helps reduce the negative and more annoying side effects of textured skin. Additionally, for individuals who suffer from dry skin that leads to excessive texturization, finding a moisturizer that does not clog your pores but directly treats the problem of dry skin can be especially beneficial.
Alternatively, of course, you also have the option of using makeup to hide and diminish the effects of textured skin. Many of the items on this list include tons of vitamins and minerals, each of which helps directly care for and treat skin that suffers from various conditions. Simply researching the makeup you use before hand can help you find a foundation that reduces the problems and treats the issue at its source while diminishing the more embarrassing and uncomfortable parts of the condition.
10 Best Foundation for Textured Skin:
Here’s the round up of foundations that help create a smooth texture:
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
- e.l.f., Flawless Finish Foundation
- BECCA Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation
- Dermablend Cover Creme Full Coverage Cream Foundation
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation
- Bella Terra BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer
- Bella Terra Mineral Powder Foundation
- EVXO Organic Liquid Mineral Foundation
- bareMinerals Matte Foundation
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
Best Foundation for Textured Skin: Choose One For YOU
There you have it – these are our top picks for the best foundations for textured and uneven skin.
Naturally, you’ll want to keep in mind that you’ll need to test a few foundations before you find one that works for you in most cases.
Hopefully, one of these foundations for textured skin does exactly what you need it to and offers all-day coverage, effectively treating and hiding your textured skin problems.
Want to learn more about creating a great makeup base? Check out related posts on our blog: