Hey Beautiful! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Coconut oil vs olive oil for hair: which is best? This is such a common question. You’ve probably heard that both coconut oil and olive oil can be good for your hair, but you may be having a hard time deciding which oil to use with your hair. Let’s take a look at the information you’ll need to make a decision about which oil to try.
Olive Oil vs Coconut Oil for Hair
So, which is better for oiling hair, olive oil or coconut oil? The answer isn’t so cut and dry, so let’s take a look at the benefits both olive oil and coconut oil have to offer in the next sections.
Is coconut or olive oil better for hair?
Coconut oil and olive oil are both great oils to use in your hair. They share many of the same pros, but also offer a few unique benefits that could help you decide which is right for you.
Below is a summary of the benefits of coconut oil.
Coconut Oil Benefits
- Soothes the scalp to reduce dryness.
- Increases shine and softness of hair.
- Controls dandruff.
- Can help treat eczema, lice, and infections (both fungal and bacterial).
- Strengthens hair and protects it against breakage.
- Can facilitate growth of new hair and slow down the pace of hair loss.
- Works as a conditioner to reduce frizziness and improve the look of dull hair.
Olive Oil Benefits
- Thicker than coconut, so some feel that it is a better moisturizer.
- Works as a natural conditioner to reduce frizziness and soften brittle ends of hair.
- Controls dandruff.
- Promotes the growth of new hair by stimulating the scalp.
- Can treat burns and small cuts on the scalp.
- May be a more suitable option for use on dry hair.
Olive Oil or Coconut Oil for Hair Dandruff
Coconut oil and olive oil can both be effective at treating dandruff. They act as a natural conditioner and work to soothe the scalp. This can decrease the amount of dandruff that is produced.
Olive Oil and Coconut Oil for Hair Overnight
If you leave olive oil or coconut oil on your hair overnight, you will likely wake up to hair that is softer, smoother, and easier to manage.
Can I use both coconut oil and olive oil on my hair?
Can I mix olive oil and coconut oil for hair? Absolutely! If you want to enjoy the benefits of both olive oil and coconut oil when oiling your hair, you can mix the two oils together before applying them to your hair.
Overall, coconut oil can be good for your hair. You just want to make sure that you don’t use too much. The coconut oil could build up on your scalp, causing your hair to become too greasy.
Olive oil offers a variety of benefits for hair. These include controlling dandruff, reducing frizziness, increasing shine, and stimulating the scalp to encourage the growth of new hair.
Yes, using coconut oil can help encourage the growth of new hair by nourishing and stimulating the scalp
Coconut Oil vs Olive Oil for Hair: Last Word
As you can see, coconut oil and olive oil can both be a good choice for oiling your hair. They each offer a few unique benefits, so choosing the right one for you can depend on the specific needs of your hair. What do you think? Are you going to try coconut oil or olive oil for your hair?