Hey Beautiful! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
If you have oily skin, you know how challenging it can be to care for your oily skin and find the best foundation or a natural foundation for oily skin. You’ve likely dealt with a number of challenges and frustrations with different foundations such as cracks, smudges, creases, and more. Finding a foundation designed for use with oily skin is essential. Luckily, MAC offers a wide selection of some amazing foundations for oily skin. In the article below, we’ve reviewed some of the top products from MAC to help you identify the best MAC foundation for oily skin.
Best MAC Foundation for Oily Skin
If you’ve been asking, “Is MAC foundation good for oily skin,” the answers is , yes.
M.A.C offers a number of foundations that are formulated to work well with oily skin types.
Keep reading to learn more about some of the best foundations for oily skin from MAC.
Types of MAC Foundations for Oily Skin
We’ll walk you through the various foundations that MAC has available and how well they work with oily skin types.
Read on and find out which one best works for you!
MAC Face and Body FoundationBuy on Amazon
If you’ve been looking for a MAC light coverage foundation, take a look at the MAC Face and Body Foundation. This foundation has a hydrating formula with a lightweight feel. It comes in 11 different shades and offers sheer coverage. The formula is water-proof and long-wearing to help your foundation last all day, even with oily skin. This MAC foundation is dermatologist- and ophthalmologist tested and has a non-acnegenic formula.
MAC Matchmaster Foundation for Oily SkinBuy on Amazon
The Matchmaster Foundation for oily skin from MAC is designed with customizable pigments. These pigments will adjust to your specific skin tone to provide an ideal and personalized color match. The foundation offers medium buildable coverage with a demi-matte finish. It also offers SPF 15 protection, reduces shininess, and absorbs excess oil. This MAC foundation for oily skin is a long-wear foundation that can provide coverage for up to eight hours. It is non-acnegenic, dermatologist tested and ophthalmologist tested too.
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation for Oily SkinBuy on Amazon
With over 30 shades to choose from, MAC’s Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation is an excellent choice for users with all different skin tones. This MAC foundation for oily skin full coverage can last for up to 36 hours and offers buildable medium-to-full coverage. The waterproof formula won’t smear with sweat, humidity, rain, or tears to provide excellent all-day wear. In addition to working as a foundation, this MAC makeup item also pulls double duty by working as a concealer. The foundation is non-acnegenic, ophthalmologist-tested, and dermatologist-tested.
MAC Studio Tech FoundationBuy on Amazon
The MAC Studio Tech foundation is a MAC powder foundation for oily skin. The formula offers buildable coverage ranging from very sheer to full coverage. This MAC matte foundation for oily skin has light-diffusing properties that work to soften the lines on your face to leave a flawless finish. Four different shades are available. The foundation is long-wearing, suitable for all skin types, non-acnegenic, and safe for users with sensitive skin or contacts.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF15Buy on Amazon
If you’d prefer a MAC liquid foundation for oily skin, take a look at the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. This is a lightweight, matt-finish foundation that offers buildable coverage. The foundation can provide up to 24 hours of wear and comes in 63 colour-true shades. The formula is designed to be breathable and comfortable; it won’t cause acne breakouts. This MAC foundation can also help reduce shine and doesn’t cake up on skin. The foundation also offers SPF 15 protection against the sun.
Best MAC Products for Oily Skin
In addition to the wide array of foundations for oily skin, MAC also offers numerous other makeup and skincare products for users with oily skin.
Pick up a few of our recommendations to go with the MAC foundation for oily skin you select.
MAC Mineralized Timecheck Lotion
The Mineralized Timecheck Lotion from MAC is designed to help your skin look youthful. It features a special polymer technology that can help blur fine lines and make your pores look smaller. This motion is also very hydrating and features MAC’s Charged Water Technology and Mineral-Rich Yeast Extract to moisturize skin and nourish your complexion. When the lotion is applied, you’ll enjoy the refreshing feel. You can also use this MAC lotion as a makeup primer.
MAC Cosmetic Blot Powder
This Blot Powder from MAC is designed to control oils and set your foundation. Bring the blot powder along when you go out or go to work to help you touch up your makeup throughout the day. The powder adds a matte finish to your makeup. There are five different shades to choose from.
MAC Powder Blush
MAC’s Powder Blush is another option when you’re looking for the best MAC makeup for oily skin. This blush is non-acnegenic and dermatologist tested. The formula is infused with vitamin E. You’ll be impressed with how evenly the blush adheres to your skin and the impressive natural-look it offers. 23 gorgeous shades are available from subtle to bold to help you truly customize your look.
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
The MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is another excellent choice for users with oily skin. It offers a lightweight formula that provides a matte finish. This long-lasting concealer can help smooth out skin and hide dark spots, discolorations, under eye circles, and other imperfections with its full-coverage formula. The concealer is fragrance-free, non-acnegenic, dermatologist-test, and ophthalmologist-tested. It is also designed to resist water, sweat, and humidity for lasting coverage.
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone
The MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone is designed to reduce shine on the T-zone and other areas of the face. This primer can also help conceal pores for a cleaner finished look. Once applied to the skin, it will dry instantly to provide an invisible matte finish. The primer is also non-acnegenic.
MAC Foundations for Other Oily Skin Types
If you’re looking for the perfect foundation for your specific skin type, keep reading. Below you’ll find our top picks for MAC foundations for acne, combination skin, and sensitive skin.
Best MAC Foundation for Acne
MAC Pro Full Coverage Foundation
The MAC Pro Full Coverage Foundation is dermatologist-tested and has a non-acnegenic formula. This long-wearing foundation can provide up to 24 hours of non-creasing coverage. The full-coverage foundation can help cover up acne, scars, and other blemishes to leave you with a perfectly smooth face. You can choose from sheerer cover or fuller coverage with the different application options. There are 14 different shades to choose from.
Best MAC Foundation for Combination Skin
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
Control shine with the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation for combination skin. The 12-hour foundation provides an ultra-matte finish and doesn’t cause acne breakouts. Choose from medium-to-full coverage with this buildable and breathable foundation. Additionally, this foundation provides a non-streaking, non-caking, and color-true finish. 53 shades for different skin tones are available.
Best MAC Foundation for Sensitive Skin
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural Foundation
If you have sensitive skin, you may find that the MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural Foundation is the best pick for you. This is a non-acnegenic, dermatologist-tested, and ophthalmologist-tested powder foundation. It is specially formulated with MAC’s multi-mineral complex to give your skin a natural looking finish. There are 14 different shades available to match a variety of skin tones.
Tips for Oily Skin
In addition to finding the best MAC foundation for your oily skin, there are a number of other things you’ll want to do to take care of your oily skin and prevent it from being too much of a hassle. Using the tips below along with some home remedies for oily skin can make your oily skin less of a hindrance and frustration to deal with.
- Wash your face twice every day: Washing your face in the morning and evening with a foaming soap can help remove excess oils from your face. Foaming soaps are more effective at removing oil than lotion cleansers, so keep this in mind as you shop. In addition to washing your face in the mornings and evenings, also wash it at other times during the day if you have been sweating, as sweat may lead to breakouts. Astringents are designed to tighten your pores and remove excess oil from your skin. They should be applied after you clean your face but before you put any makeup or moisturizers on.
- Avoid products that include additional oils. Choosing water-based and oil-free skincare products will prevent more buildup on your skin. Non-comedogenic products are ideal as they are designed to prevent your pores from getting clogged, which can reduce the chance of an acne breakout.
- Exfoliate Your Skin: Exfoliating can reduce the amount of oil on your face and make your large pores look smaller.
- Don’t scrub your skin: Scrubbing your skin can irritate your skin and won’t reduce the amount of oil.
- Moisturize your face: Using a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid can help balance the oil and water in your skin. This can create a barrier on your face to help reduce the amount of oil that is produced.
How to Make Makeup Stay on Oily Skin Longer
If you have oily skin, getting your makeup to stay on all day can be a big challenge.
Use the tips below to help you keep your makeup looking great and reduce the number of times you need to touch it up.
- Start with a primer: Using a primer before applying your makeup can help your makeup stay put. Choose an anti-shine, oil-free primer and focus on the oiliest areas of your face around your nose, chin, and forehead before applying foundation or any other makeup products.
- Don’t use too much powder: Too much powder can actually make your pores produce more oil. If you need to use powder, use small amounts on the shiny areas of your face only.
- Bring blotting paper along with you: Depending on their design, blotting papers either leave some powder on your skin to absorb oil or lift oil from your skin. Having them with you when you’re out can help you address a small issue before it becomes a big problem.
- Choose an oil-free long-wear foundation: Avoiding foundations with oil can help reduce the total amount of oil on your face. Choosing a long-wear foundation can help your makeup last longer since these foundations are specially formulated to resist smudging and cracking.
- Less is more when it comes to foundation: Applying too much foundation can make your foundation look too cakey. Rather, apply your foundation in lighter layers and add more only to the areas of your face that need additional coverage.
- Use a setting spray: A setting spray can help your makeup last longer and is an excellent choice for individuals with oily skin.
Best MAC Foundation for Oily Skin: FAQs
What foundations are good for oily skin?
When choosing a foundation for oily skin, avoid any products that contain oils. Rather, you should look for foundations that are formulated for acne-prone skin or those that are labeled as offering a shine-free or matte finish.
Which MAC foundation is best for me?
The best MAC foundation for you will vary based on the coverage level you desire, whether you have sensitive skin, and whether you’d prefer a liquid or powder foundation. Keep these factors and any other preferences in mind when you shop for foundation.
What’s the best MAC foundation?
MAC offers a lot of popular foundations for oily skin and other skin types. Some of their most popular options include:
- MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation
Best MAC Foundation for Oily Skin: Final Thoughts
Finding the right foundation for large pores or oily skin is a challenge, but fortunately there are a number of excellent MAC foundation for oily skin options to choose from.
We hope our reviews of the best MAC foundations have helped you decide on a new foundation you’d like to try with your oily skin.