Hey Beautiful! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Looking after your skin should be in your self-care daily ritual. If you use the right ingredients and topical products on your skin, you can help reduce many skin conditions such as breakouts and dryness that stop the skin from having an even texture. In this article we explore what the best lotion for even skin tone is and why these products will help.
Best Lotion For Even Skin Tone
What is the best lotion for even skin tone? This answer all depends on what kind condition or skin type you are aiming to provide a lotion for. In this article we will outline some of our recommendations!
- Top Pick: PCA SKIN Body Therapy
- Best Body Lotion For Hyperpigmentation: Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment
- Best Cream For Dark Spots And Uneven Skin Tone: Open Formula Retinoid 2% Cream
- Best Body Lotion To Even Dark Skin Tone: Palmer’s Shea Butter Formula Lotion
- Best Body Lotion To Improve Skin Tone: Bio-Oil Skincare Oil
- Best Lotion For Eczema To Even Skin Tone: Necessaire The Body Lotion
- Best Lotion For Legs To Even Skin Tone: Mama Mio Lucky Legs Cooling Gel
Which Lotion Is Best For Uneven Skin Tone?
Our Top Pick – PCA Skin Body Therapy
- Reduces discoloration and rejuvenates the skin by using acids in the formula
- Shea butter jojoba to lock in moisture
- Dramatically increases moisture levels while also improving the skin surface texture
- Suitable for all skin types and conditions
- Decreases bacteria proliferation
- Reduces cellular buildup
- Improve visible aging, breakouts and hyperpigmentation
The top pick has to be the PCA Skin Body Therapy. This lotion has a formula that is designed to Increase moisture levels and improve the skin surface texture. The formula contains 12% lactic acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycerin, shea butter and panthenol (pro-vitamin b-5). All these ingredients help enhance the skin’s natural moisturizing factor, brightens and soothes the skin.
PCA Skin Body Therapy Reviews:
Most users that have purchased this lotion go on to purchase again – showing that this product really does work. They have shared that it helps for extra dry skin and sun damaged skin. Some users have found that it causes breakouts and voiced that it only works well for certain skin types and is not so good on sensitive skin.
Best Body Lotion For Hyperpigmentation – Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment
- Exfoliates dry, rough and bumpy acne-prone skin
- For all skin types
- Designed to help breakouts, wrinkles and keratosis pilaris
- Can be used on the back or shoulders as well as the face
- Contains antioxidants and acids/BHA
This lotion by Paula’s Choice is perfect for hyperpigmentation. The lotion acts as an exfoliant as it contains salicylic acid (BHA). The salicylic acid will gently exfoliate dry, rough skin. The lotion can help remove built-up dead skin cells, reduces red bumps and leave the skin softer and smoother.
Paula’s Choice Weightless Body Treatment Reviews:
Most users that have purchased this product rave about it’s miracle powers. Many claim that the products have helped their acne stop and that it has faded their existing acne marks. Some users reported that their pores are still a bit prominent on areas like the arms but overall it has helped reduce the size of pored. Most users have recommended that consistently using this product is the key to it working.
Best Cream For Dark Spots And Uneven Skin Tone – Open Formula Retinoid Cream
- Helps dry, dehydrated skin
- Supports skin renewal and collagen production for uneven skin
- Nut fee and gluten free
- Cruelty free and vegan
If you’re looking for a lotion that will remove dark spots, this Open Formula retinoid cream is the one! This lotion contains 2% retinoid which is a very strong form of Vitamin A. Retinoid helps support skin renewal and collagen production meaning the skin cell turnover rate is faster and the surface of your skin will be smoother.
Open Formula Retinoid Cream Reviews:
Most users when first trying this product are super impressed. Many have said that after six weeks of using the product they have noticed that their complexion appears more even and pores appear smaller. Some users have voiced that it does take a little long to work but from a survey 92% of users would recommend this product to a friend.
Best Body Lotion To Even Dark Skin Tone – Palmer’s Shea Butter Formula
- Contains antioxidant-rich emollients
- Prevent skin dehydration
- Improve elasticity for a more youthful, radiant glow
- Soothe & calm irritation
- 24 hour moisture
- No mineral oil, no gluten, no dyes
Palmer’s lotion is extremely nourishing and can help soften skin that is prone to becoming dryer. The formula of this lotion contains high levels of antioxidant-rich emollients that create a protective moisture-seal to help prevent skin dehydration. Consistent use of this lotion can help balance the tone and texture of the skin. Palmer’s lotion also contains marula oil and oatmeal extract which help calm and soothe irritation.
Palmer’s Shea Butter Formula Reviews:
Every review left about this product always mentions the fantastic smell! Every user loves the scent the product leaves on their skin. They have also mentioned that the formula is of a thicker consistency making it an ideal product for the winter months. Some users have commented that the product can leave a greasy feel on the skin.
Best Body Lotion To Improve Skin Tone – Bio Oil
- Ability to improve the skin
- Improves the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Stops moisture escaping to relieve dry skin
- Moisturiser absorbs instantly
- Formulation combines a blend of Vitamins A and E, plant extracts
- Helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone in both light and dark skin types
- Helps smooth and tone ageing and wrinkled skin
Bio Oil is fantastic for healing stretch marks, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. This body oil is non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin as it is full of natural ingredients. It’s formula is made up from calendula oil, rosemary oil, chamomile oil, vitamin A and vitamin E.
Users who have tried this body oil have shared that it has successfully kept their skin hydrated and free of stretch marks. Most users also comment that the body oil has also helped with their old scars. Even amongst the good reviews it has been noted that the body oil does ruin clothes if it is in contact with them.
Best Lotion For Eczema To Even Skin Tone – The Body Lotion Necessaire
- Multi-vitamin moisturizer
- Benefits dryness in the skin
- Formula contains ingredients rich in vitamins and minerals
- Good for skin nourishment and skin maintenance
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Climate neutral and plastic neutral
This lotion is fantastic for eczema on the skin which is causing an uneven skin tone. The Formula contains ingredients rich in niacinamide, vitamin c, vitamin e, omega-6 and omega-9 which all help heal damaged skin. The lotion is designed to be nourishing and improve the overall health of the skin.
The Body Lotion Necessaire Reviews:
If you ask users with dry skin what they think of this face moisturizer, they will tell you that it’s one of the best lotions they’ve used. Many users comment that this lotion product is fragrance free meaning it is great if you have sensitive skin. The product seems to go a long way so only a small portion needs to be used at one time.
Best Lotion For Legs To Even Skin Tone – Mama Mio Lucky Legs Cooling Gel
- Instant and cumulative benefits
- Safe for use during pregnancy
- Contains natural ingredients
- Relieves puffiness and pain in tired legs
- Cooling effect
This cooling lotion can help even the skin tone on the legs while also relieving leg pain. The formula contains aloe vera which is designed to be soothing, cooling and moisturising. The formula also contains ginger extract which energises and invigorates. Shea butter is used to lock in moisture and helps to protect skin while menthol crystals are added to help to cool and refresh. Vitamin E and Chamomile Extract are added beneficial ingredients which can aid skin protection and ease muscle pain discomfort.
Mama Mio Lucky Legs Cooling Gel Reviews:
Many users who purchased this product are mainly excited about the cooling effect it offers and also share joy in the fact the product is full of natural plant-based ingredients. Some users have mixed feelings on this lotion, stating that it hasn’t helped their skin. It seems there is a 50/50 divide on this one – you either love it or hate it.
Why Is My Skin Tone Uneven
One of the main causes and most common cause of the skin tone being uneven is hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is when the skin overproduces melanin. The issues caused by hyperpigmentation can cause people to have uneven skin tone, darker and duller skin tone and even cause breakouts such as red spots and lumps.
How Can I Even Out My Skin Tone?
Here are a few tips on how to even out your skin tone:
- Use products containing vitamin C: Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that will protect the skin from free radicals that can be caused by UV exposure from the sun or from tanning. Using vitamin c in products will help brighten the skin and fade dark spots.
- Discover AHA: AHAs are ingredients such as glycolic acid and lactic acid. AHAs are gentle exfoliants that work by peeling the dull skin surface away. Exfoliating in this way can help the new skin cells appear more evenly toned.
- Try a retinol: Retinol is a strong form of vitamin A and can help promote skin cell turnover to produce a new layer of fresh skin cells. Retinol can help reduce hyperpigmentation such as dark spots.
- Exfoliate one a week: Exfoliating the skin once a week can help remove dead skin cells which may be making the skin’s surface layer look dull or even be causing spots to form.
- Always use a moisturizer with an SPF: SPF will help reduce the damage the sun can cause. Using an SPF can naturally help reduce an uneven skin tone.
|PCA SKIN Daily Body Therapy Lotion||Prime||Buy Now||Buy PCA SKIN Daily Body Therapy Lotion Now|
|Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment||Prime||Buy Now||Buy Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment Now|
|Open Formula Retinoid 2% Cream||Prime||Buy Now||Buy Open Formula Retinoid 2% Cream Now|
|Palmer's Shea Formula||Prime||Buy Now||Buy Palmer's Shea Formula Now|
|Bio-Oil Skincare Oil||Prime||Buy Now||Buy Bio-Oil Skincare Oil Now|
|Necessaire The Body Lotion||Prime||Buy Now||Buy Necessaire The Body Lotion Now|
|Mama Mio Lucky Legs Cooling Gel||Prime||Buy Now||Buy Mama Mio Lucky Legs Cooling Gel Now|
Pick A Lotion Depending On Your Needs
If you have dark spots rather than dull skin, a lotion containing vitamin c may be better for you. Picking a lotion dependent on your issues is the best way to find which is the best lotion for uneven skin tone. In this article we have provided a variety of products that are all beneficial for uneven skin. Picking a product with active ingredients is key to making sure the product will work for you.
What is the best lotion for uneven skin tone? Which lotion do you use?
Check out more related content on the blog: