Hey Beautiful! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Did you know juniper berry essential oil can help relieve stress, clear up acne, detoxify the liver, support healthy blood sugar levels, and more? If you didn’t already know this about juniper berry oil, you’re in for a real treat when you read the rest of this article. What are the benefits of juniper essential oil, you ask? Is it worth purchasing and adding to your routine? Keep reading, and we’ll highlight the many ways juniper berry essential oil can benefit our bodies, inside and out.
What is juniper essential oil good for?
Juniper essential oil offers a wide range of uses. It is very rich in antioxidants, which can deliver benefits to the skin. Antioxidants can help skin heal and reduce inflammation. Antioxidants also stimulate the production of collagen. Increased collagen product can lead to fuller and smoother skin for a more youthful appearance.
Juniper essential oil, such as this Juniper Berry Essential Oil from Gya Labs, can also be used to relieve stress. It offers a very calming aroma, and when diffused or added to products placed on the skin, the scent can help individuals refocus and lower their stress and anxiety levels.
Another use for juniper berry essential oil is that it can be used as a liver detox. Try diluting juniper berry essential oil in a bath with some Epsom salts or add a few drops of pure juniper berry essential oil to a glass of water each morning to enjoy its detoxifying benefits. Take care when ingesting juniper berry essential oil, or any other essential oils, to choose a product that is marked for consumption. This will ensure you are using a pure oil and not one with any added chemicals.
Another of the juniper oil uses is as a natural insect repellent. You can either mix it with other products to create a spray, or bring a diffuser outside with you to keep insects away.
Health Benefits of Juniper Berry Essential Oil
Juniper berry essential oil can be used in many ways and delivers a variety of health benefits. Some health benefits of juniper berry essential oil include:
- Working as an antiseptic and astringent to clean wounds and scars and clear up acne flare-ups.
- Supporting healthy skin and getting rid of psoriasis breakouts.
- Supporting health blood sugar levels.
- Alleviating stress and anxiety and helping individuals find a healthier emotional balance
- Supporting a health liver and working to perform a liver detox.
- Supporting the kidneys and urinary tract (can be used to help clear up urinary tract infections)
- Working as a diuretic to help lower blood pressure.
Juniper Berries Health Benefits
As you may guess, juniper berries share many of the same benefits associated with juniper berry essential oils. These include:
- Improving the health and appearance of skin
- Helping to stimulate the digestive process
- Relieving stress and helping individuals to relax
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels for diabetics
- Getting rid of bacteria and fungi
Juniper berry essential oil offers many benefits to the skin. Since it offers antiseptic properties, it can cleanse the skin and help wounds heal better. Its antiseptic and astringent properties also make it a great option for clearing up acne. Juniper rash treatment can also help improve the health of the skin and clear up acne, psoriasis, rashes, or other skin imperfections.
To use juniper berry essential oil for your skin, add just a few drops of it to a carrier oil, such as argan oil, jojoba oil, or coconut. Mix the two oils together and apply it to your skin. The first time you use it, apply it to only a small area of skin to confirm you won’t have a reaction.
Juniper berry essential oil can also help with digestion. It stimulates the digestive process, which allows proteins, fats, and other nutrients to be effectively broken down. Additionally, juniper berry essential oil acts as a diuretic and detoxifies. These properties also allow it to help reduce bloating and other stomach issues. To enjoy these digestive benefits of juniper berry oil, find a high-grade, food-safe oil and add one or two drops to a glass or water or other beverage each day.
For Relaxation and Stress Relief
Juniper berries offer a very calming and relaxing aroma. Because of this, juniper berry essential oil offers stress-relieving properties and can help individuals rest and relax. It has been shown to have a positive effect on people who suffer from insomnia. If you want to try juniper berry oil to help yourself relax and find relief from stress you’ve been facing, use an essential oil diffuser and sit or lay down in a comfortable position to inhale the relaxing aroma.
Some studies have indicated that juniper berry essential oil can help reduce blood sugar, triglyceride levels, and cholesterol levels in diabetics. More research is needed on the potential health benefits of juniper berry oil for diabetics, but it is looking promising. It is likely that the high levels of antioxidants in juniper berry oil are behind these benefits for diabetics.
For Killing Bacteria
Juniper berry essential oil also offers antibacterial and antifungal benefits. Studies have shown that it is effective to be used against 16 different species of yeast, bacteria, and fungi. Some studies indicate that it could be effective when used against the bacteria that cause infections of the skin, bones, and lungs and those that cause food poisoning.
Juniper Essential Oil Benefits
Here are a few other benefits of juniper berry essential oils:
- Using juniper berry essential oil for aroma therapy can help relieve stress and anxiety and may even work to fight depression symptoms.
- Juniper berry’s antimicrobial power may be sufficient for killing bacteria and germs found around the home. Mix juniper berry oil with soap and water and use it to clean your home as you would otherwise.
- Juniper berry essential oil is an ideal choice for deodorants. It offers a wonderful smell and can help kill odors.
What is juniper?
Juniper is a type of coniferous tree. Juniper trees are relatively short and can be found in many places across the globe. These include North America, Asia, and Europe. The variety of juniper found in North America is Juniperus communis, though there are other varieties that are found in other locations.
Juniper wood from some species of juniper trees is also used to make items such as pencils, fence posts, cabinets, cedar chests, and linen closets. Juniper repels pests and moths, which is why it is often selected for linen closets and chest to keep pests away from clothing and fabrics.
Benefits of Juniper Berry
The health benefits of juniper berries are still being explored through scientific studies. There appear to be a wide range of benefits associated with juniper berries. Some of these juniper health benefits include:
- Working as an antioxidant to protect cells
- Improving the health and appearance of skin
- Reducing acne, psoriasis, and other skin conditions
- Relieving stress and anxiety
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels
- Killing germs and bacteria
- Supporting the kidneys and urinary tract
What is juniper oil?
Juniper oil, as opposed to juniper berry oil, is derived from the leaves and wood of juniper trees. It is sometimes used to make perfumes or diuretics. Diuretics are medicines that help bodies release more water. They are commonly prescribed for individuals with high blood pressure as they can decrease the amount of fluid in the blood vessels to lower a person’s blood pressure.
How to Use Juniper Berry Essential Oil
What is juniper essential oil used for? There are a lot of uses for juniper essential oil. Before sharing some possible uses, keep in mind that you should dilute juniper berry oil before putting it on your skin. However, it is unlikely that it’ll cause any irritation. Juniper berry essential oil is considered safe for children ages 2 and up. It is also considered to be generally safe around pets, but you may still want to check with your veterinarian before using it around a cat or dog.
Below are a few juniper essential oil uses and ideas:
- Dilute with a carrier oil for use on the skin
- Diffuse in an oil diffuser for aromatherapy benefits
- Place a few drops on your palms, rub together, and inhale for stress relief
- Put a drop or two in a glass of water for a liver detox
- Mix with soap and water to clean your home. That could be useful during moth season
Benefit from these benefits!
Hopefully you’ve started to realize just how beneficial juniper berry essential oil can be.
Why not try Doterra’s Juniper Berry Essential Oil or another brand today? You’ll surely be glad you did!